Vaping is an excellent alternative to smoking cigarettes. It does not require the combustion of tobacco, which results in most of the toxic substances produced by ciggies—like carbon monoxide. Another benefit of vaping compared to smoking is that it offers a wide range of e-liquid flavours, and vape users are often spoilt for choice.
However, sometimes you might realise that your vape tastes burnt as you enjoy your favourite e-liquid flavour, and this can easily put a downer on the experience. To help you experience great fun as you vape, we seek to investigate the vape-burning taste and how to fix a burnt coil in a vape.
What results in a burning vape taste?
Frequently, vapers mistake dry hits for burnt hits. Dry vape hits come about when your cartridge or vape tank runs low. You fix dry hits by simply topping up the vape juice or whatever else you're vaping or replacing the disposable cartridge.
Unfortunately, if you go on vaping with low vape juice levels, the burnt hits start kicking in and they are really unpleasant.
Below are some of the things that could lead to the burnt taste from vaping:
- You can get the burnt vape taste when the wick dries up due to the vape juice running out or low e-juice levels, so it starts getting burned up.
- Vaping very quickly can also cause you to experience a burnt taste from a vape. If the wick cannot absorb e-liquid quickly enough at the rate you're vaping, it ends up burnt, leading to a scorched vape flavour.
- When you set very high wattage too quickly, it can cause a burning vape taste, which happens with box-mod vaporisers.
- You may also find the vape tastes burnt if you use the wrong liquid for your specific device. Vape juices with high vegetable glycerin levels are thicker and have more sugar than other e-liquid mixes. If you use the wrong vaping device, the vape juice has problems flowing, causing the burnt taste from vape.
- Using old coils that have got scorched can also lead to the burnt taste
Tips on how to fix a burnt coil
Knowing how to fix burnt vape coils is crucial, so can you enjoy your vaping without the unpleasant burnt taste.
Here are some ways you can do it:
Wait a bit more between hits
For chain vapers, who vape back-to-back with no rest periods for the device, you need to let the vape rest a bit between hits. This will allow the wick to absorb or re-soak with the e-juice avoiding the scorched taste from the vape.
Refill your tank regularly
Allowing your vape tank levels to drop too low too often may make you experience the burnt taste from your vape. To fix the issue, ensure you always have as full a tank as you can when you vape. If you are travelling, carry some e-liquid bottles to refill your tank or cartridges to replace disposable ones so you don't have an empty tank.
Prime your vape coil well
As you replace your coils, don't rush—prime them properly. This involves dripping a couple of e-liquid drops on them, so the coil doesn't get burnt when heated.
Use the right e-juice for your device
Find which e-liquid formula best suits your vape tank and only fill your tank with suitable e-liquid PG and VG mixes.
Ensure your wick is adequately saturated
The wick also needs to be saturated and not just the coil. Allow enough time for the wick to become completely soaked before taking a hit.
Have you been finding that your vape tastes burnt sometimes? From the above discussion, you will now know what could be causing it and how you can fix it. Always buy quality vape supplies from reputable suppliers and the proper steps to follow to fix it; you will enjoy every bit of your vaping.